Frequently Asked Questions
The nomination period is from Tuesday, February 25 to Wednesday, March 4 at noon. Voting will take place online from March 17 at 9:00am to March 19 at 5:00pm.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to read the CSU’s general election candidate handbook in full and then complete a nomination package including 25 students’ signatures indicating support for your nomination (or five for those running for the Sunshine Coast campus representative position). Completed nomination packages must be submitted in person to the CSU Members Centre or by email to email@example.com before the end of the nomination period at noon on March 4. Late submissions will not be accepted.
What positions are available?
- CSU executive positions
- vice-president equity & sustainability
- vice-president external
- vice-president finance & services
- vice-president student affairs
- CSU collective liaisons and coordinators
- accessibility justice coordinator
- Indigenous students liaison
- international students liaison
- mature & parent students liaison
- queer students liaison
- students of colour liaison
- women students liaison
- faculty, campus, and at-large representatives
- arts & sciences faculty representative
- business & professional studies faculty representative
- education, health, & human development faculty representative
- fine & applied arts faculty representative
- global & community studies faculty representative
- Sunshine Coast campus representative
- at-large representatives (x4)
- Capilano Business & Professional Society
- Capilano Business & Professional Society president
- Capilano Business & Professional Society vice-president
- Capilano Accounting Association president
- Capilano Communications Association president
- Capilano Finance Association president
- Capilano Human Resources Management Association president
- Capilano International Business Association president
- Capilano Legal Association president
- Capilano University Marketing Association president
Yes! Positions on the CSU board of directors are paid between $3,963 and $24,766 per year. Positions with the Capilano Business & Professional Society are paid between up to $200 per semester and up to $600 per semester.
Voting takes place online from March 17 at 9:00am to March 19 at 5:00pm.
Unless the position is vacant, elected terms starts on June 1, 2020 and end on May 31, 2021. Candidates who are elected to positions that are presently vacant have the option of taking the position early.