ABOUT THE PROGRAM
All registered CSU volunteers receive a free CSU t-shirt and volunteer button on their first volunteer shift. In addition to developing leadership skills.
Those who perform a higher threshold of volunteer hours (at least fifteen hours per semester), additional benefits are available, including:
- 5% discount on personal purchases at the next scheduled CSU used book sale
- access to one CSU event per semester
- CSU-branded mason jar mug
- job-related workshops and courses specific to volunteer experience (e.g. Serving it Right, First Aid level 1).
Volunteers who have contributed at least fifteen hours in a semester can request a custom reference letter.
The CSU’s volunteer registry program seeks to:
- strengthen engagement with the membership of the Capilano Students’ Union
- provide leadership development opportunities for CSU members
- promote and celebrate volunteering and community service
- advance the strategic objectives of the student union
- connect students with the campus community
- support of the CSU board members in membership engagement