FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Contact the CSU’s elections administrator if you have any questions that are not covered above or in the candidate handbook linked in the sidebar.
The nomination period is from Tuesday, September 15 at noon to Wednesday, September 23 at noon. Voting will take place online from October 6 at 9:00am to October 8 at 5:00pm.
What positions are available?
- CSU collective liaisons and coordinators
- accessibility justice coordinator
- Indigenous students liaison
- queer students liaison
- faculty, campus, and at-large representatives
- at-large members (three positions available)
- fine & applied arts faculty representative
- global & community studies faculty representative
- Capilano Business & Professional Society
- Capilano Business & Professional Society vice-president
- Capilano Accounting Association president
- Capilano Communications Association president
- Capilano Human Resources Management Association president
The positions presently available on the CSU board of directors are paid $330.25 per month. The positions presently available with the Capilano Business & Professional Society are paid between up to $224 per semester.
There are two options for collecting nominations:
- Have your nominators fill out the online nomination form. These nominations will be considered submitted after the nominator replies to the confirmation email sent to them; and/or
- Collect nominators’ names, student numbers, and signatures using the paper nomination form found in the nomination package. You may submit the completed form in person at the CSU Members Centre or scan it and send it to [email protected].
You may collect and submit nominations using the online nomination form, paper nomination form, or any combination thereof.
Elected terms will start mid-October and end on May 31, 2021.