Term and compensation
- up to $600 per semester
- Mid-October to May 31, 2022
Must be enrolled in a program in the Faculty of Business and Professional Studies.
The CBPS president is responsible for the following:
- overseeing activities of CBPS;
- succession planning for CBPS;
- enforcing CSU and CBPS policies and procedures to govern decision practices;
- monitoring and ensuring the carrying out of the CBPS strategic plan;
- monitoring and ensuring the carrying out of the CBPS marketing plan;
- evaluating work performance of CBPS presidents’ committee members;
- acting as a liaison between their Department Association and the Society;
- removing a volunteer officer where the conduct or performance of the volunteer officer is unacceptable, subject to an appeal to Council;
- submitting budgets to CSU on behalf of CBPS and its associations;
- coordinating and monitoring spending of CBPS budget;
- reviewing CBPS monthly financial statements to ensure financial stability and transparency;
- University and community relations
- seeking appropriate avenues to invest CBPS funding;
- chairing CBPS presidents’ committee meetings in the absence of the vice-president;
- scheduling CBPS presidents’ committee meetings and preparing meeting agendas in the absence of the vice-president; and
- other duties as required.
Note: The elected candidate will have the option of shadowing the sitting president in the lead-up to the beginning of their term.